Thursday, June 26, 2008

Daddy...

I feel so terrible for not posting about Father's Day yet! Isn't that like a blogger law...you have to rave about the daddy in your life for Father's Day, right? I'll rave about myself on Mother's Day, really.

We had a nice, laid back day! Chris didn't have his usual morning of meetings, and we went to only the first hour of church because my parents and my brother Jordan were arriving around 2:30PM.

We made Chris breakfast in bed that morning, and also drew him a book about all the things the girls like that Chris does with them.

It was a beautiful day, and so we enjoyed dinner outside, played bocci and visited. I think most everyone took a little snooze too.
I'm really, really grateful for the daddy in my husband. He's just so involved with their little minds, and he always enjoys anything he has to do better if they are tagging along with him. I love that the girls are so smitten with him, because at the end of a long day, I welcome their change of focus as they hang on him instead of me. If Chris is around and they get to choose who puts them to bed, who wipes their bums, who they sit next to at dinner, it will always be, "DADDY!" I admire him for being so many things that I am not...he's really tidy, punctual, hard work (I work hard at many things, but not at physical labor like him...mowing the lawn would torture me, for example), aplogizing, changing, making up and just being good at everything he puts his mind to.

2 comments:

just jen said...

he sounds wonderful...maybe i will get to meet him someday!

breakfast in bed...way to spoil him!

Jeff Hamm said...

Sounds like a fun time... nice to not have those meetings. Breakfast looks delish!