Friday, June 6, 2008

I've been tagged...

I like this tag, but it was interesting to think of posting some of these places on my blog. I personally don't have a problem with keeping it real, but if you ever wonder what my husband thinks of all this blogging, you should know that if he read my blog, he'd cringe at the imperfection diplayed here. My issue with posting this has more to do with how my house isn't cosmetically a representation of my taste. We bought this beautiful home knowing that every room needed wallpaper taken down, paint, etc...but we've been here eighteen months and I haven't gotten to very many projects! Oh well, the place is great, and I just need to own the wallpaper and get over it.

Jenni didn't post instructions, so I'm just copying exactly what she did.

The fridge...
We had this fridge in white at our last house, but it didn't have water and ice in the door. I loved it. I have to have freezer on the bottom, and I love the space of this fridge, and the look.

Unfortunately, Chris and I were just talking last night about how we are going to return it. We upgraded several appliances last winter, and some of the others (dishwasher and trash compactor) that are in places where they'd be potentially dented more are fine, while our fridge that has no reason to have any dents in it looks horrible. There are these little dents all over it, and it isn't like we plan to replace the fridge for a long time, it is going to get even worse and it is an eye sore.
The sink...I forgot to take this one, that's why this post has been in the works for a couple of days now. Anyway, my sink is funny because there are so many things sticking out of the top. It took me awhile to sort them all out. Left to right: faucet handle, faucet, soap, filtered water, instant hot water. Interesting, huh? It's funny, I'm so used to having them all (really love the instant hot water, I use it all the time) that I don't know if I'll lose any of them when we do update the kitchen. There are dishes in the sink, but you can't see that from this angle. The heart bamboo is from Chris for V-day, and the Begonia was a gift from my co-workers when I had RUBY...so it goes down in history as my longest living plant.

The laundry room...
Yes, I should be folding laundry right now. I should also be sewing...those are bags of fabric and unfinished projects. The reason they are out is because I recently dragged them somewhere to be worked on. That's a start!

The toilet...We have four in this house, one more than I'd like to have to clean...okay, four more! They are your basic toilets, nothing to report on that subject!
What the kids are doing right now...
Now they are both asleep, but when I took these pictures, Ruby was eating breakfast (yes, she did sleep with my handy artwork on her face...) and Alice was still asleep, so there you have it!

My favorite room(s)...
I love the family room because that is where we hang out as a family. Not my favorite as far as projects go because I'd like the built-ins to go (or maybe be refinished or painted) so there is somewhere...ANYWHERE on the walls to decorate. It is so hard to post these things and not go into detail about my cosmetic gripes...so I'll stop.

The other room I like is my den, where to keep up with all my fellow bloggers and work on my photography. Someday I'll lose the walpaper.
My closet...
I'm not an organized girl. The only things that are hanging are things that I don't wear either because they are out of season, don't fit or are out of style. I should really donate all of that.

My favorite pair of shoes...
This speaks for itself, right? I like the shoes on the left, but I wear the shoes on the right. I'm primarily a mommy, and crocs are great for that part of my life. Some people even think they are stylish, I just know that they are comfy and easy to put on.

Dream Vacation...

My dream vacation that is out of reach...so truly just a dream, is to go to Spain for a couple of months. I'd go in May or September, and I'd go to the Valencia coast. That way, I'd be a couple of hours from my favorite city in the world, Barcelona, and all the people and places I love there.

Lucky for me, I have a dreamy place to vacation in McCall, ID...and I'll be there for three weeks this summer. Nothing is like McCall for me. It's just my place. I can't believe that I get to go there with two kids who are old enough to walk, not eat sand, go without diapers, and swim with a life preserver. It will be an easy, fun time in comparison to other summers when I have a baby...babies are too much work at the beach!

I tag...Amanda (I want to see your new place), Heather, Rachel, Lynz and Jayne.

6 comments:

just jen said...

i have the same kind of crocs...and i wear them way more than i should...i wish i could be more stylish, but i am way more into comfort!

thanks for doing this..it's so fun to peek into your life and see what is what.

and don't worry, i am sure when i move into our new house, i will always be putting disclaimers on every picture of it. maybe we will just have to accept that our houses will always be works in progress, just like us!

LOVE you!

Jeff Hamm said...

Cool post/tag! Love crocs...except they wear out on the bottom too quick. Look forward to seeing you in McCall or Spain... whichever comes first.

Pb said...

Oh bless you child for not tagging me.

Kendra Leigh said...

I LOVE that fridge. I've been eyeing it for years as I dream of being able to buy my own appliances one day....as you'll see in the next couple of days, my fridge is so lame-o. I hate renting!

jayne said...

I love this tag----but I'm afraid to participate. Or, maybe I'm just too lazy to take pictures of everything. Or, maybe my house is so horribly disgustingly messy right now someone would call DFS and have my children removed.......hmmmm. Maybe I'll do it for that reason alone the way they've been acting lately!!

Rachel said...

I am with you on the Crocs. I have the same ones as well. Fun to see your house! One of these days I will get around to it, I promise!