Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Heather tagged me...

Three Joys
1. My family--a good man, who has known me and put up with me over 16 years, who provides well for our family, who always forgives me and knows how to change. My two sweet daughters, and amazing support, love and friendship of our extended family members.
2. Sleep--I love sleep. Mostly naps, and only the kind of sleep that comes on when it is time to sleep, not the kind that leaves me waking up in public places unaware that I ever fell asleep.
3. Friends--I love my friends. I love the ones who have known me 25 years and the ones I've known a year. I love their forgiveness, their example, their awareness of my imperfections and all the fun and conversation we have when we are together.

Three Fears
1. My loved ones not outliving me
2. Earthquakes
3. Due dates

Three Goals
1. Surviving my first year of homeschooling
2. Patience with my family members
3. Not gossipping

Current Obsessions
1. Twilight series. It's hard to call this an obsession when Sommer has taken obsession on this topic to a level I can't possibly duplicate, but still, it is an obsession for me.
2. Sleep. I really love it. I don't get to sleep all day, but I do think of sleeping more than I think of any other thing. Sad, huh?! Narcolepsy really does cause sleep obsession though.
3. Getting pregnant. It has been over a year now, and I'm really supposed to have a baby in my arms for Pete's sake.

Random Facts About Me
1. I don't eat leftovers. Gross!
2. I love school. I want to go back one day. I'd like to study most anything, but I'm really fascinated by women's studies, naturopathic medicine, any cultural studies, especially social culture and psychology. I have had my eye on this degree program at UW since before I finished my undergrad at BYU. I read that description and find that it covers EVERYTHING I am interested in. I don't know how I'd narrow my studies in order to conduct the two years of research, but honestly, I'd be fascinated to go to the materialistic jungles of the Salt Lake valley and dissect perfectionism in LDS women there. I'm not joking. I really would like to make some headway in that area. They really need it (again, I'm not being facetious). I met a woman at BYU who had raised her five children and then one day she sat down with all her family pictures and cut herself out of every one. I'd be really interested in studying the psychological ramifications of the stay at home mom who shelters herself socially from the world for thirty years. (Love the role of the stay at home mom, I'm one...just not an isolated one). I'd love to address the bleached teeth, highlighted hair, fake tan, name brands, Prozac and competition that has evolved in the social culture there. There are many other things to study, and I'm sure I'd bore you with more discussion of those, but something benefitting women would be my greatest interest.
3. I don't really use the microwave. I don't like the idea of it, I don't know, I just don't use it very often. I use it to defrost some things, or to melt butter, but that's really about it.

I tag...
Dee, Sommer, Mindy and Courtney

3 comments:

The Reynolds Family said...

Love the tag! Didn't know about the earthquake fear though! Good thing you don't live in Cali! I will do mine soon! Thanks for the tag! We need to obbsess together so get home from vacationing already!!!

just jen said...

earthquakes never scared me until a couple of days ago...good thing we are moving!

i totally agree about the perfectionism in utah, i have felt the effect for years and it is terrible. i hate competition!

Sage Pierce said...

Fun post Rebecca!