We had a nice Easter-themed day today. Alice still hasn't broken out with the chickenpox, and we aren't out of the 21 day incubation period, so we are staying clear of the nursery at church and the YMCA so we don't infect others. Alice and I stayed home, since I got to go to church last Sunday with my family...today would have been week three for Chris, so he took Ruby.
Anyway, because I wasn't busy rushing around to get us all ready, I had time to get the Easter egg dye out and we had fun coloring 24 eggs before church (we are on the 1:30 schedule this year).
After church and dinner, we had our weekly Family Night. I found a great object lesson online to teach the kids about the significance of Easter. It is supposed to be spread over twelve days, but we'll do it all in 6 days, that way both of the girls get to open an egg every night. I changed it up a little bit by having the girls do a hunt for the eggs at the beginning. Tonight we read in Matthew about Judas Iscariot's betrayal. Ruby was really interested in that. So in the egg they opened, there were two dimes. I asked Ruby if someone told her that they would give her money and she could buy anything she wanted with it, but she would never see her mom again, would she want the money or mom? She was (thankfully) sure she'd want me more than any toy or money. So we talked about how any amount of money or worldly posession would not be worth betraying Christ. She was pretty worried about Iscariot, so Chris talked about how Jesus forgave him. It was a nice time, and it was brief enough that they were interested and engaged. I look forward to this little devotional every night this week.
4 comments:
How can I start kissing up!!???? I HAVE called, but I for some reason only have your cell phone so, we never end up talking...so call me and leave your home number! You are the same as family, the only reason we told them was because I was getting fat. I was on this kick of not telling anyone, just to see if they would ask or just gossip. I know I am weird! But I love you very much still!!
A friend at church told us about this 12 days of Easter activity. I want to do it with Ella next year. Is she too little for dying eggs at 18 months? I'm thinking about making some of those fun 3D bunny cakes with a friend as well - I thought that was so fun as a kid (and still do!).
what a good idea, learning about the real meaning of easter with the easter egg fun too.
gotta love the easter eggs! We'll coem over for a hunt. My kids keep asking, but I haven't busted out the coloring yet.
Ruby's expression is awesome!
Post a Comment