So all day today, anytime that she was crying (which was very frequent), she'd add to her list of woes, "Daddy not paint fingers toes!" I did feel for her, so when I packed Ruby's swimming stuff, I threw in the little tupperware of nail goods.
A few hours later, Mimi was over and she reported that her husband (their kids have lessons around the same time) had told her that Chris had women gawking at him left and right at the Y! I knew immediately why...the attentive (not to mention HOT) daddy with his beaming two year old brushing her nails with the perfect pink, coaching her to carefully blow them dry so he could apply a tiny flower...you get the picture. According to John, there were several women in awe at the sight. No doubt a few daddies got an injection of the guilties when the women got home. 
I know Chris was unaware, because he only had eyes for Alice, as he gets a kick out of thrilling her and seeing her pleasure at the simple beauty of her little painted fingernails.
I have to say, I am constantly approached by women who are amazed by the daddy in my man. He really is an unusual find...totally undetered by anything they do. He could run to Lowes on his way home to work to pick something up, but he'll come by the house first every single time to get both of the girls and take them with him to "the daddy store". He includes them in all the work he's always doing around the house and spends time pretending with them, catching frogs with them, reading to them and singing songs with them. If I am out of town, or off with friends for an evening, I'll come home to a clean house and kids with brushed teeth, dinner in their tummies...usually they will have eaten a few extra treats and they were probably up later than usual, but no complaints here.
I'm really grateful. As a result, I get to be guilt free...I always know they are in good hands and that he is 100% thrilled to be with them, so I really do get a break at the end of the day! His favorite time of the day is putting them both to bed, I can hear them rough housing and then reading books in unison and later quietly singing the same songs as the night before.
8 comments:
Wow-you sure have a keeper! That is so fun that Chris does all that. My Chris does a lot but I think would draw the line at the nails part! Very cute!
Love The finger nails!! Yes, John's exact words were.. "you know the look mom's give of complete adoration, usually for their own children?" "Chris was getting those looks left and right."
This morning I noticed Ellie had "pretties" too. I asked her.. "Oh, Ellie were did you get your pretties?" She responded "Chris" in a very girly voice. So Cute!! Thanks Chris for doing Ellie's nails too!
You may have however created a monster with the fancy stickers... she won't be satisfied with just the paint anymore ;-)
Yo, this is actually John. Ya, I was there. I kept wanting to crack a joke. He had the whole kaboodle and everything, but all I could say was, "dude, I think that you are the best dad I have ever seen." Ellie refused to swim cuz he was painting nails. Cute. And seriously, if you could see the looks that these moms had as they watched your man at work with his little girl. I should have taken a picture. John
This is such a good "still shot" blog of Chris! I have always been amazed at what a magnet he is to children...You are a lucky girl to have a husband whose whole joy in life is his girls..they will never be able to refute how much he loves and adores them!
i get so jealous of you having girls sometimes...i wonder if colin would be this sweet.
Yea.... I'm kinda ticked. :)
honestly there is nothing sweeter than reading that. he has just inspired me!
I am confused. I have never blogged. I thought I just commented...but I don't see it... It was basically about how amzing and adorable the picture of Alice with the painted nails is...Did it go somewhere and I am missing it???
I am starting to figure this stuff out...maybe?
Post a Comment