I have recommitted to making hot and varied meals for my family for dinner. I really enjoy doing it, but between Chris being picky and the girls being more of a handful at that time of night, I just gave up a long time ago. I'll never forget when we were newlyweds and after another dinner where he picked at the food (claiming he liked it) and then hit a box of cereal an hour later, I begged him to make me a list of things he would like to eat so I could focus on those meals. Here was the list: homemade pizza, homemade calzones, lasagne, spaghetti...do you see a pattern here? If these meals were pureed, they'd be the exact same thing!
Family dinner is important to me, and I really have regretted getting away from such an important tradition, so I am already 2 weeks into my new habit, and it is such a great thing! I love it!
This meal isn't that impressive, but it is a favorite because the kids eat it and Chris devours it (he calls it "Puerto Vallarta" because he never remembers the name, and anything Spanish is either that, or "mi casa es su casa"), and it is a nostalgic treat for me, as this is a food you find in every home, every day in Spain. It's basically potatoes, eggs, onion and salt. I add cheese for Chris. I can't put a recipe down because it's just something that takes knowing when it looks right.
5 comments:
cheese...that sounds like a yummy addition.
of all the food i had in spain this is,by far, my favorite.
probably because i can make it my self...
these are the things i miss the most:
filipinos(the cookies) the milk chocolate ones.
the strawberry "chuches" from the little stands.
caracoles(of course).
and pan(una barra por favor)...of course i was going to say that too.
i do NOT miss paella. yuck.
That looks really good, Rebecca! I think I'll try it! :)
Anything with potatoes is good. Happy St. Patrick's Day.
Yum, spanish tortilla - i haven't made this for awhile. I learned to make it with zuchinni as well as the usual ingredients. It makes it a little bit sweet.
The thing I miss most from spain is the 40 cent can of spanish green olives filled with anchovy - the only authentic ones you find in the states cost almost $10 a can!
Rebecca - I'm craving a tortilla right now! Spanish food just brings me right back to the mission and everyone I met there!
Post a Comment