Ruby kept saying, "I just feel like we're gonna get a frog tonight!" but Chris wasn't having any luck. I decided to give it a try since I have some history with frogging success.
I caught two frogs! It helped that I was wearing Crocs, so I could get ankle deep in the water.

I had to return some books to the library, and when I got home, I found them sitting around the frog habitat they made. Chris said, "I know we got a male and a female, how do you think I know?"
I chose my words carefully, "Were they mating!?"
Ruby said, "Yes mama! They were giving each other a piggy back ride!"
I caught two frogs! It helped that I was wearing Crocs, so I could get ankle deep in the water.
I had to return some books to the library, and when I got home, I found them sitting around the frog habitat they made. Chris said, "I know we got a male and a female, how do you think I know?"
I chose my words carefully, "Were they mating!?"
Ruby said, "Yes mama! They were giving each other a piggy back ride!"
7 comments:
That's hilarious. Sure brings back memories... the frog catching... not the piggy back rides.
what great fun... I mean the frogging part. If they have some water you could have a lot of little pollywogs soon!! I can't wait to hear the names Ruby and Alice give their new frogs.
OK-thanks for the good laugh! This was so funny! Hopefully they last and you won't be having any little froggy memorial. Best wishes with that and all the piggy backing going on!
sex education comes earlier than expected sometimes....
DISCLAIMER: We catch new frogs on a weekly basis, so we release the old ones and get new ones...no froggies dying on our account! We figure they have lots of food in their pond water, so we bring a bunch home and they tough it out a week.
Too funny - this reminds me of the time we were at the zoo and two huge tortoises were giving piggy back rides and the schoolkids that were there were laughing so hard and their poor teachers weren't sure what to say. You are such a good mom to let them catch frogs and bring them home.
That is absolutely HILARIOUS! Piggy back rides. :)
Post a Comment