Thursday, May 15, 2008

Great Resource...

I've been interested in Digital Scrapbooking for some time now. So far my hobby hasn't amounted to much more than designing baby announcements for friends and lots of blog headers for the same friends...oh and shower invites and birthday invites...but no real scrapbooking.
This hobby amounts to a massive amount of collected freebies on my external hard drive and a subscription to "Digital Scrapbooking" magazine (thank you, Pam).
So my sister-in-law, Heather has been posting some layouts recently and inspiring me to take some time to work on MY OWN projects for once! She had someone fabulous leave a comment on her blog tipping us off to a great resource for digital scrapping freebies...the site is GREAT... this girl shops all the freebies and compiles new great links DAILY!
I also take advantage of the kit freebies at 2peas and http://www.shabbyprincess.com/, and if I ever need a font, I buy my girl Amy's fonts EXCLUSIVELY at 2peas.
I really like working with clipping masks and templates created by other people with kits made for me by other people. I know I should be plugging the people who created the stuff I used above, but know that you'll find both the template and the kit used on the ikeagoddess blog.

3 comments:

just jen said...

good tips, and resources!

i haven't totally gotten into digital scrap booking yet, and my friend allison is always bugging me to take the plunge, but i just am not that creative.

about the photoshop stuff, colin got me the totally rad actions...google it, they're awesome!

Jeff Hamm said...

I should try this, cause I'd like to give the pics a little more sizzle (as Lightning McQueen would say). We'll see, it's just one more step but I think I would spend so much time trying to figure out the right one! Thanks for your comments... you can always leave them however you want cause I know you're always checking in on my blog... which is great!

Carrie said...

Here's two more for you!

In addition to Ikea Goddess, I also like:

Digi Free-
http://digifree.blogspot.com/

Squidoo-
http://www.squidoo.com/digitalscrapbookfreebies