Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day...

We had a nice Memorial Day. We live in a town affected by military service, and it has been eye opening for me because before we moved here, I never really had any personal ties to any members of the armed forces. We have sent several neighbors off to Iraq multiple times, we've had ward members go and come home and leave again, and it is a sacrifice I am very grateful not to have to make (is that bad?). So I had to make mention of that at the beginning of this post.

We enjoyed a leisurely morning, a late breakfast out, and then we bought plants for my annual planters and headed home for a few hours of gardening. It was warm, but the sun wasn't out, so it was ideal for gardening. The sun peaked out here and there, and the girls decided to get in their suits and run through the sprinkler.
I did a little layout of Ruby and all her funny poses. I don't know where she got the photo shoot idea, but she does this thing where every time I snap a picture (at least once a second), she changes poses, like a model. I kept going with it for awhile, and decided to put (only half or so) them together in a little layout (using a fabulous freebie template that I found awhile back here).

At 3, Chris went over to help our friends with some house projects they have going on, and we were going to join them, but by the time we were all ready, it turned out that my car battery was dead. Alice was pooped, and I was ready to put them down, knowing that we'd probably just distract from the hard work anyhow, so we had dinner at home and that was that. Chris was home late, so I worked on my not so progressing website.

It was a great day!

3 comments:

Jeff Hamm said...

sounds like fun! 50% of our town is connected to the military base here so it's a pretty neat experience. We also enjoyed a fun day, with different activities.

just jen said...

i love that layout!

such a cute model shoot...maybe she will be on america's next top model someday?

The Merwin Family said...

I love that layout! I really need to start doing digital scrapbooks. So many options and it looks awesome. Good job! Nice posing Ruby!