Aksel and Alice
We spent an afternoon in the sun while the kids played (or in 2-month old Addison's case, slept). Then I packed an overnight back (Sandy lives in Seattle) and headed off with Kel and Sand for a night of eating and talking and eating and talking and eating and talking with the rest of the girls I grew up with (Leisha, Eden and Jenn). We had appetizers at Leisha's beautiful home (I hadn't seen it yet) 
Eden, Sandy, Jenn, Leisha, Kelly and me at Leisha's
and then went out to a nice Italian restaurant, Sarafina's. We must have been there forever, because we didn't pull into Sandy's until 12:30AM. It was lots of fun conversation! In the past year, two of the group became moms for the first time and two others got married, so it was really noticeable to me how our conversations revolved around in-laws, babies, child birth and marriage more than ever before. I think now that we are all TURNING 31, we are entering a new phase of life, and it was fun to see how that affected the evening.
Kelly, Me, Jenn, Eden, Sandy and Leisha after dinner.
So I slept at Sandy and Adam's (I really don't like driving up to Seattle by myself, then home again alone, so I really had to strike some deals to avoid that), and SATURDAY morning, they took me to meet my family at the LDS temple in Bellevue. Chris was going to be there for something, so I figured I could wander the grounds for awhile and take pictures of the girls. We had a nice two hours or so at the temple, relaxing on the grounds, and I got a few good shots of the girls.
Now Chris is putting the girls down and I'm ready for a cold bath and an early bedtime with the window open!
Tomorrow, SUNDAY, is my actual birthday, and it will be a nice day to relax with my little family, but no big plans!
9 comments:
Happy Birthday, Rebecca. Sounds like you had the perfect celebrations!!
Happy B-day sis! I will try to call you but I don't want to infringe on family time or any pampering time. It sounds like you've had a great weekend already!
I remember Chris showing us the pickleball court and I hope to be able to play that sometime soon. It would be so fun! Has Chris lost weight? That first picture of Alice and Ruby is great... the temple looks almost surreal!
Feliz cumpleanos compi! besitos!
Looks like you had a great time celebrating! Glad you got time away with your girlfriends too! Happy Birthday yesterday!
I was just recording home video's from this past year and I was watching the video from your party last year. Did I give you a copy of that??
That was a year ago?? CRAZY! Well here is to the official first year of your thirties...
This party will go down in history for the hottest day in WA EVER ;-)
i want a turn on that water slide, we are burning up down here in CA!
Happy Birthday, Rebecca! You have a beautiful family! Ready for #3 yet?
Reba-
You are WAY too nice with your comments. YOu've got some pretty cute girls yourself!!! What a great photo session at the temple. Loved those. So people really do have driveways where you live? Crazy :)
jen
Happy Birthday! sounds like it was a great one!
Post a Comment