There's this place in town that is all set up for daling little girl parties with different themes, dress up and all the fancy details a little girl could wish for. They were having a fashion show at the mall along with a mother/daughter tea, and we heard about it beforehand, so we were able to get the girls all set up to participate.
Ruby, Alice and I went to the "tea" beforehand, and then Chris caught up with us to see the show. It was darling. Right up there with having your child participate in a wedding...just so fun to see them in front of everyone, and for complete strangers to be oooohing and ahhhing over their darling-ness. Of course, it was super fun for the girls, who looked forward to it for over a week and were so thrilled to be princesses for a few minutes.
Then everyone came out at the end for a bow, and these two girls had obviously taken charge of little Alice back stage, because they were very nurturing to her, on stage.

After the show, we went up to my cousin's house to celebrate her adoption of her son (he's lived with her like 11 years now), and then to my folks' house for a movie. On Sunday morning we had a nice brunch with my folks and my brother Jordan before heading home for afternoon church. Ruby sang a few sweet songs with the other primary children during the congregational meeting, and then all the moms were given some nice annuals to bring home.
Mother's Day has been a hard day some years. I think it is because I get my hopes up really high and then I spend all day believing that I can't lift a motherly finger for a second, and so it can almost ring kind of contentious when I constantly defer every petty responsibility to Chris. So...this year, I had no expectations and planned on treating it like any other day. That way, my husband's extensive and sincere efforts could be appreciated and not fall short.
This was a nice year, I had a decent amount of R & R on both Saturday and Sunday, but I didn't go for the full-on diva act. Chris made me a thoughtful meal after church, and then we made a little fire in the backyard and roasted marshmallows.
It was a really nice day! Happy Mother's Day to you all!
5 comments:
Great pics, I bet the girls were so excited and just loved the attention and the opportunity to doll up and show off in front of people... what princess wouldn't? Glad you had a good Mom's day!
LOVE the classic Ru face! I remember performing in plays and sometimes having to do almost the same thing! The pic of Alice with the 'I love you' sign makes me melt! Cant wait to see you guys soon!
How sweet! Love seeing girls being princesses! Have fun now cause one day you will wake up and they won't let you do their hair. Alisha is in the double digits now the big 10. What happened? A new stage in life is begining for me and her as mother and daughter. It is exciting to see her grow and learn at church and school and in social situations. I am proud to be her mom. Happy Mothers Day!
Ruby's classic face is better than mine at that age. I remember when Brady and I were in preschool together we had a Christmas program at the Mays Pond clubhouse. I was so embarrassed being up there that whenever my family would smile and wave, I'd just stick out my tongue! Haha. So good thing Ruby doesn't do that!
what a fun princess day!
i also gave up on the diva act, i always end up disappointed, so this year i was grateful for anything too!
Post a Comment