We had a nice weekend at my parents' house. I went up on Thursday with the girls and we spent time with Oma doing some shopping and taking it easy. Then on Saturday, Chris and I were lucky enough to witness a
sealing of our friends, Kerry and Jeff's baby, Elizabeth that they adopted in October. It was funny, they asked Chris to be a witness, so it was Chris and the grandpa that were witnesses. In some cases, the witnesses would be the paternal and the maternal grandfather, and since the mother's maiden name is Pearson, it turned out that the man performing the sealing thought Chris was Kerry's FATHER! Kerry is several years older than Chris! He called him Brother Pearson, and had the "parents" congratulate the family first...it was so funny!
After the sealing, I ran to a shower for
Braden and Amanda. Should have taken my camera, but taking pics starts to feel like a chore, so I left it at home and enjoyed myself. I was an hour and a half late, but I still was able to see Amanda open many darling little things for their babe. It was really fun to see Braden and Amanda for dinner that night, and my grandparents came as well, and it's always a treat to see them because they are only plagued by the weather of the northwest during the summer. We were blessed with really hot (scary to complain, and we all knew it, so we tried not to) weather, and we had a nice meal off the BBQ. As the sun set, we played a few games of Bocci.
Just in case those of you who know that I tend to spread out my birthday celebrations, yes...there was singing and cake for my birthday...again. Love that!

We got to see
Robb's family! Here's Ruby and Hailey right before they drove away. ME: "WAIT! I need a picture for proof, Ruby, get in the car!"

Uncle Mike (
Sage's husband...technically, Chris' brother) was in town for a JOB INTERVIEW. We got to have him for one day, and most of that was spent driving around town looking at real estate trying to convince him he should want to be our neighbor. However, he was good for plenty of tickles for the girls and was a good sport for many a "Uncle Mike, watch this!" We just hope that this job interview translates into a job, because he's definitely interested in "our town" over the other communities he visited.
Maybe Chris is a preschool teacher on the side or something. Anyway, Ruby mentioned that she wanted to make a bird feeder, and so he decided to have them make it for me on my birthday for a present. I was really curious while they were hard at work, and still curious when my eyes beheld the pinecone and peanut butter (with bird seed stuck to it) creation. I haven't been out to see if the birds have taken to it, but I love it, and the girls were thrilled!
3 comments:
sounds like fun! wish we could've been there!
i totally get the "taking pictures is a chore sometimes". i have been so focused on getting good shots for practice that i wear myself out. it sounds like you had a fun week...i finally did your tag...check it out!
Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Very creative bird feeder too!
Post a Comment