Tuesday, September 30, 2008

AARRRGHHHH...

I don't know the cliche that I'm not thinking of, but it has something to do with hair and it refers to when people get in their minds to do something really uncharacteristic of themselves. This recently happened to my husband, and I am still in mourning.

I have some things that I save on our DVR. Not many. Most I am getting around to watching, and once I watch, I delete. Most of what we have recorded are kid's shows, a season or two of The Office and the most recent General Conference. I always delete extra stuff when we get low on hours, and we typically keep about thirty hours open.

I had one thing saved, the past few months that I have watched with equal delight numerous times, and that I wanted to watch with my mother. It was the season finale of So You Think You Can Dance. It was even protected, so it couldn't be deleted without some additional effort.

CHRIS DELETED EVERYTHING...he kept like one of each kid's show and that is that. What was he thinking!? He has never deleted anything, I didn't even know he knew how! We have like eighty hours open for no reason. All the Oprah episodes that I would have watched on a lonely sewing night and my precious SYTYCD...GONE.

It's been days and I'm still so affected every time I turn on the television.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I love the DVR - and ours is going away tomorrow! We are trying to budget better and the great cable package ends tomorrow, so no more home telephone, cable, or DVR! Tim keeps reminding me that we used cell phones and Netflix for 2 or 3 years and we were fine. I'll have to start getting PBS stuff for kids from Netflix. Anyway, I feel your pain and totally understand your frustration!

Amy said...

uh-oh! that's not cool!

Jennifer said...

I think you weren't thinking of "a wild hair", right? LOL

That stinks about your shows - poor girlie! :o)

Alicia said...

Oh sad! I'm sorry!