Anyway, puppy was mauled by our dog Stone, and lost his nose. While puppy was out of commission, Alice left blankie star an hour north, and went days without any lovies (thanks Oma for sending blankie star).
A few Alice-isms while I'm at it. When Alice doesn't want to do something or she really doesn't know how to do it, she says, "I can't know how."
Yesterday when we were getting ready for church, she was anxious to get there because Chris and Ruby had already left. She said, "I want to go with daddy to church." Putting on my shoes, I said, "we'll go in just a minute." Then she said, "but mommy, I can't know how to drive!" Alice is full of questions, and sometimes I don't know the answers...especially when she asks me questions about other people. If I say, "I don't know," she'll say, "just tell me!" She and Ruby are super buddies (and often enemies), and yesterday at church, Alice was sitting on Ruby's lap facing Ruby and they couldn't stop laughing! It was the kind of laughing where you know that you should stop but you can't. It was hard to fault them, but it was distracting.
2 comments:
I love the part about Ruby and alice laughing with each other during church and not wanting to break it up. It's so hard to discourage that, as well as being so darn cute!
Thank you so much for this blog... you are awesome at catching the essence of a child's fun and innosence. Will you move closer to us... in fact can all of our children move closer to us? Occasionally is not enough for us.
Post a Comment