Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Why I can't park in the garage...

Someone donated a ping pong table to the garage sale for Mia. It didn't sell, and so I kept it to list on craigslist. Chris got home from his motorcycle (death) ride and decided he wanted to buy it, and a week or so later the Elders moved in. Turns out, Elder Keddington is a ping pong champ (literally, he said if he wanted to be on the olympic team, he could likely focus and make that happen...as it is he has a $50k scholarship to some U in TX). So in this picture, you see them playing two on one...the one being Elder Christensen, who rotated with our usual, Elder Zika for two nights. I'm sitting on the other side of the house and I can hear the hoots and hollers all the way in here. Funny stuff. I really don't mind at all, if you know me, you know that I thrive on social interaction, and since Chris is the opposite, I always try to spoon feed him the lighthearted, non-hard working side of life. The driveway parking space and male rivalry sounds coming from the garage are like a drug to satisfy my addiction to play--for everyone.

They saved him from his 10PM hanging of roman shades. Not that I don't love my hardworking, task mastering man, I do...but sometimes I think he's going to lose his mind if he doesn't play a little. Maybe I under estimate the power of his play time with the girls. For me, that seems like a fulfilling of a responsibility to them, but maybe that is all he needs.

4 comments:

just jen said...

so fun!

guys really need time to play with other guys. i have a strong testimony of it, at least my husband does. he is so much more relaxed when he gets his "man" time.

oh, and about the princess pics, i just felt like they were self explanatory, you know? HAHAHA

Rachel said...

So fun...had no idea of Elder Kennington's talent. I know Jason will want to get in on some ping-pong action...Chris should have a ping-pong or pickle ball tourni :0 That would be good guy fun!

Sheri said...

That looks like fun. It's always fun to find out the missionaries' hidden talents (only hidden because it takes things like this to find out about them).

Carol said...

I love ping pong! Have you ever played "around-the-world" ping pong? We used to have a R.S. retreat every year, and I once played around-the-world ping pong until 3 AM. It is SO FUN! Let's do a girls' night at your house and play. I'll bring cookies...