Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Raves...

As if Amy Butler wasn't already spoiling me with her fabulous fabric , paper crafts and sewing patterns, she now has designed the most darling dishes for Mikasa, "Vintage Botanica". If I had money to spend on something as frivolous as this, I would, I really love it. Another thing I just discovered is a hair product by Bumble and Bumble. It is a remedy for my hair training nightmare that I'm still determined to conquer. It is a hair powder spray that is BROWN to match my hair color!

I haven't tried it yet, but the ladies at the salon tonight were raving about it and I figured if it can help me buy some more time without washing my hair and not looking greasy, I'll take it.

So here's the update on the hair training. I am pretty comfortable now on day two if I don't rinse or anything. I don't so much wear my hair down, but I can roll it into a clip in the back and look somewhat presentable...I even wear my day two hair to church now. I sometimes have to rinse my bang area (this will be cured by the spray I am told), but there are days when I literally am in awe of how normal my hair looks on day two. Definite progress. Before, the grease in my hair could have been stripped and measured at the end of day one, and if I missed a shower for some reason, I'd literally be tormented by itchy, greasy scalp all day long. I would lose sleep that night LITERALLY over how horrible my scalp felt.

So...at the salon tonight I was telling Armani that she told me it would happen fast, and IT ISN'T fast. She said that it will take like 4-6 months (I'm at 3) and I might take longer because I'm sort of taking the slow route by rinsing as often as I am. Anyway, she was singing my praises and swears that she can tell a difference in my hair already. I didn't think my hair was greasy at all, because today was a wash day, but she said that the grease in my hair resembles most of the salon workers on day 4 or 5.

Anyway, bring on the spray, because I have successfully bought myself an extra day and I'm thrilled!

7 comments:

The Hamm Bunch said...

That's awesome! Totally need to get me some of that!

kaitlin said...

rebecca thats awesome, you are great for keeping trying it, i wouldn't stick with it that long!

let me know if that spray stuff works!

Rachel said...

Rebecca,

Hey I sent you an email to your hotmail account yesterday concerning the upcoming mission reunion, but I haven't heard back from you. Just wondering if that account is still current and if you received it. If not, let me know your current email so I can get it to you! We need your help...

Rach

just jen said...

i could use some of that stuff, i am currently on day 3....


i hate to wash my hair.

leah said...

I never wash my hair everyday. My sister thinks I am gross.... I think I am smart! I love my hair on day 2! Bumble and Bumble are the best.... they are my fav.
I loved your hair today.

Sariah said...

I'm another "love my hair on day 2 and sometimes day 3...but still better than on day 1!! Good luck!

Shila said...

Hey Rebecca! I just watched on the Today show about another product like that. I thought about you and me and our greasy hair. The website is called buttercreamcosmetics.com and thier product is called shampowder! Check it out.