Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Puppet show...

When Chris got home, Ruby was cleaning the toy room and wanted to do a puppet show. We finished cleaning and then got it all out and she rehearsed while Chris was finishing cleaning downstairs. It was so darling. She and Alice took turns and of course Alice's wasn't that involved, but she did a good job, she had five finger puppets, and one by one, they got sick and then there was only four...then three...then two...then one...then none! She didn't count five or four, but she got it right once it was three, two and one. I was surprised she came up with that all on her own. Ruby's was about a family on a walk, the brother gets hit by a car and taken to "the children's hospital". Here are some quotes because I had to take notes after watching her rehearsal, I knew it was going to have to be recorded somehow...

"So he had a broken leg and he want to the children's hospital and layed down with the doctor. The doctor said, "what's your trouble, boy?" and the boy said, "I got bad news, I got a broken leg." (doctor:) "oh no, that's the baddest thing in this hospital, don't worry, we'll have you back together soon. All we have to do is cut open your leg, and you have to wait here for thirty four days." The doctor walked away."

Then the family must have been reunited, and the puppet show turned into a musical, here's the song she sang with all the family members on her fingers again...

"Rainbows are in the sky,
each day I wonder if you are here.
We love our family super, super much,
we want to keep our family each day.
Our mom is working in the kitchen.
We are a fun, fun family.
We hate to break it to you,
when the rain comes,
it's okay cause the rainbow will come out.
We'll have some fun together.
We'll help you everyday,
each day we'll help you,
even if you're broken hearted
each day we'll help you."


Then she closed the curtains and we clapped as she came out and took a bow.

I think we'll definitely do some more things with puppets tomorrow. What fun!

7 comments:

The Hamm Bunch said...

I love that! Especially the song. I love it when they make up songs. Too cute!

kaitlin said...

ahh she is so cute!
can i just say i love how you take such detailed notes of the girls lives and what they do? that will be SO great when they are a bit older looking back. good job.

Sheri said...

I love listening to what kids come up with on their own. Ruby is so cute. Love the song!

Abby said...

That is so funny! I'm glad you have that recorded because one day you'll look back when she's a famous musician and know where it all stemmed from. How cute that you have a puppet theatre in your house! Great idea!

Rachel said...

So cute! We used to have that Puppet Theatre...we passed it on to the McD's because we didn't get near the entertainment out of it after we had it awhile.

Alicia said...

That is so darn cute. And thanks for the advice. I'm still very much a beginner so it really helps. =)

just jen said...

how cute, i think we might have to get a puppet stage, the boys really enjoy them.