So my blog address is kind of lame. Really lame. Here's why...
My friend Jodi has an email address (now her blog address) like that with her last name and then zoo afterward. I think she said that she stole the idea from her sister Mindy's email address, also my friend. So when I decided to create a blog, I didn't put much thought into it like many people do. I hadn't ever been to any personal blogs other than my friend Amy's, and I just went for it without really thinking much of it.
So my blog address is very copycat and unoriginal, but that's not the worst part...we are NOT A ZOO at all! It totally does not fit my family. I only have two kids (grimace), they are three years a part (thank goodness), the youngest is turning three in a few weeks (I'm in denial) and they are just pretty mild...or at least not zoo like in the slightest.
If I could easily change my address and not annoy the readers, I would...but I can't (right?). Anyway, Jodi and Mindy...thanks for the loaner blog address name!
6 comments:
I feel the same way! I totally wish I had put more thought into our name. I see these other blogs that have very original, super creative names and I wish I had done the same. I too, when I created our blog, had not seen very many other blogs so I just put down what came to mind. Bummer!
Rebecca- Just create a new blog with the name that you want. Copy all of your widgets over. Post your new link on this blog. We will follow you where ever you go girlie....Carrie
mine is more lame...exciting espanet?
why oh why didn't i put an s on the end of espanet???
When you go into your blog and click on settings and then on the publishing tab it looks like you actually can change the name of your blog. But I have no idea how (or if) it works and whether or not you'd have to notify everyone about the change though. So don't take my word for it :)
I think my blog address is lame, too. I started it years ago when blogging was still in its newborn stage, and before all the really clever people addressed their blogs. I was actually under the impression that you CAN change your addy, as long as no one else is using your new idea, of course. I thought it was somewhere in the blogger dashboard, settings or something. Not sure- I've never tried it myself.
I understand you completely!! I've been bugged by my blog address as well...but I'm not above changing it. In fact, I just spent the last 2 hours creating a new blog with a new address that I just like better. It's a little bit of work, but for me, I'd rather be happy with my blog name from here on out. Better now than in a year from now. Digo yo!
Post a Comment