Friday, March 28, 2008

Isn't she Lovely?

Our friends Sandy and Adam had their little baby on Monday. I got to meet her on Thursday, and she sure is darling. She's little, and quiet and alert! I want one! We didn't have ideal lighting to work with, but I did my best to snap a few pics of her. Best wishes to the happy little family!
She's their first. Anyone else feel sick, clamy and generally anxious when you think of going through it all for the first time? I know it's not a universal thing to have really had a rough go that first time, but it was a form of torture for me to be a parent those first nine months or so. Literally. I actually have to repress the tendency to feel sorry for people who are about to have their first. I am so certain that it is not worth that first experience to only do it one time. I feel like I should have ten kids just to take full advantage of the adjustment that being a full-time mom has been for me. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Maybe I just wasn't cut out for parenting as well as others. Who knows?

4 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

It was so hard for me, too. And sometimes I feel the same way when friends tell me they're expecting. I have to bite my tongue so I don't say, "Oh boy! You're in for an *adventure*." Being a full time mom is definitely something that does not come naturally to me and a role I have had to grow into. Still working on it.

Mimi said...

You are totally cut out for parenting senorita!! I am sure I am in for it with this baby because my newborns have been so easy.

Congrats to Sandy!! What did she name her baby?

England Family said...

I just tagged you! Not sure if you already have been tagged or not? Go to my blog to find out what to do.

just jen said...

i remember hearing my friends complain about being pregnant, and would always think to myself(or not) that pregnancy is easy compared to the nightmare that happened as soon as i brought my baby home for the first few weeks. i am so not a "newborn" mommy. i am better after they turn 18 months and can communicate with me.

maybe that's just me...