Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Love these!


I found this free Mary Jane Bootie pattern online, and had to try it. I'm not a really experienced knitter, and I know that there was some required knowledge that I don't have, like "rejoining" and casting on later in the pattern, but I usually forge a head anyway. I'm glad I did. Unfortunately, I made two right fotted booties, so then I was committed to two pairs. Then, I had my four booties, and I was doing the finish work and I finished three as right foots! Now I have to make a total of three pairs! I'm a little sick of white Mary Jane's! If you are going to try them, and you figure you are the same experience level as me...I'll be happy to consult!

I used some Louisa Harding yarn and got two and a half pairs from one skein. I did have to use size two needles to make them good and small to fit a newborn.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

These are SO cute!! I love them! You are very talented. I am STILL working on my hat! Uggh.

Amanda said...

I WANT SOME!!! Perfect little blessing booties!

England Family said...

Rebecca, they are the cutest things I ever saw. Will you promise to make me a pair if I ever have another baby?!?!?! I love them!

Amy said...

so adorable!!!

jayne said...

How is it that I've known you all these years and had no idea you were so stinkin' talented at everything you attempt?? Wow. You amaze me at your talents. These booties are so precious. My babies come out with feet that are close to a size 3. So sad. I've always wanted to see little teansy feet and we get the clod-hoppers.