Monday, November 17, 2008

My blog deal...

So to clarify. I don't feel like changing all my past posts to initials, and my name is in the title of my blog. So. I am moving to a new blog address, and keeping only one active blog, but I am going to make this one (the old one) private so that people can't access the old blog with all the names and stuff on it.

Sariah, I'm with you exactly, but there's just so much evidence that I should have considered before I started that would protect my kids better, so I'm still going to be "public" though never google-able, but on a different site where all names will be more incognito.

Does that make sense?

3 comments:

Sariah said...

OK, I understand now. I must be google ignorant b.c I can't seem to find YOU (lots of other people with your name) on google using various key words. I'm not doggin' on you wanting to go private, I'm just truly trying to understand b.c maybe I need to do the same. I wouldn't start a new blog but just make mine private I guess. I don't know! Look what you started!! lol.

So, will we be given access to read past posts on this blog? I can't live without my daily Rebecca!

Annalise said...

This was the goal of my blog when I started it back in 2005. However, that all went out the window when people I know started blogging and put my full name on their blog lists. My cover was blown. All you have to do is google my name and anyone can find my blog through any number of links to it from other blogs that pop up. I notice on your link list that you have only first names, but not everyone does that. I haven't found a way around this issue, but if you find something that works, please let me know! I want my anonymity back!

just jen said...

some days i hate being private, but on others i realize that you need to protect your family.

here is one thing to consider...when you go private you can only have 100 readers. i told colin that if i get to 100 then i get to go public.

i am at 49.