Saturday, November 29, 2008

Parties and more parties...

Okay. I will actually manage a post with photos. What is with the bloggers of the world, we are all slacking on the chore of posting! I've noticed it with everyone!

We first celebrated R's birthday early using our free night at Wolf Lodge with my folks. Wolf Lodge is a huge hotel with an indoor water park, and other fun things for kids. I got a free night from Northwest Afternoon (thanks Sand!), and have been plotting carefully for the day when we'd actually use it.
The place is amazing. I'd say it would better suit an older family, say with kids no younger than R, but regardless, we enjoyed it to the fullest. The controlled 87 degree temp in the swim/slide area was perfect, the slides were really fun and then there is the amazing buffet, a great game called MagiQuest that R and I had a lot of fun with (it's a scavenger hunt all over the hotel...it's computerized and you get to wave your wand at things and they turn on, and then it is recorded that you found that item...there are clues and all kinds of things).
R got to open her guitar, a gift from my parents, the one thing she really, really wanted for her birthday. "Mom, I want a guitar so I can have more talents!"
It was a nice time. We ran back into town early so we could be at the adult session of our stake conference with ELDER NELSON, which was amazing. I can't believe I haven't posted about that yet.
Anyway, we celebrated one week later when Chris' parents and "Uncle Doug" was here. R randomly wanted a "pony party". I'll forewarn all mothers of little girls, that "My Little Pony is out" according to the Party City lady. My mother-in-law was very dedicated to finding her the Pony stuff, so after Target and Walmart had nothing, she found a little out of style section at Party City with a few offerings. Meanwhile I was home making the cake.

R loved her little party, never once asked if she was going to be celebrating with her friends, which really surprised me because we ALWAYS have a friend party and she has been to some recently, so I thought she'd wish for one. She didn't blow out all the candles at once, but she didn't care!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Hey, I'm excited about your new blog. I think it's a great idea! When I stop being lazy I might do the same thing. But hey, I did notice that your daughter's name is on her cake in the picture. Don't know if that's something you'd want to delete. But it's a great cake! I'm excited for all the fun years of birthdays that comes with having kids. They're so fun.

Leah Remillet said...

We are so excited to try out Wolf lodge! It's a great middle point between us and the rest of the family! Looks like you had a great time! I hope we get to try it soon!

Sariah said...

Great Wolf Lodge is awesome! We have one up in North Dallas! Love it!

As for My Little Ponies being "so last year", I don't know. Reese has tons of pony stuff she's collected this year and they are still selling strong in the stores. Also, I noticed at our Party City party supply store, Pony is still a hit. You could have tried Celebrate Express online and got a package deal that's real affordable. We did one 'last year' (ha) for Reese.
I can't believe you made that cake for R. It's so awesome! Dare I say professional looking!
Glad she had a great birthday to remember!

Laura said...

The pictures are cute, the cake is amazing! So cute with those little ponies on there, and I'd like to say, My Little Ponies have been top dog since I was a kid so there to the Party City lady. :) Sounds so fun, and I've been wanting to go to Wolf Lodge too. Maybe in Feb when the rain won't stop...

jessi said...

What an adorable cake! Happy Birthday to Ruby!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love that Ruby wanted a guitar so that she could develop MORE TALENTS! I LOVE talents! She's such an awesome girl - I wish we had been there. We sure miss you gals! Happy Birthday Ruby!