
I finally finished the last class for our training to become foster parents. This doesn't mean that much, we still have to submit fingerprints for a federal background check and decide what we are up for, etc. Then there's a home study and slew of other things. I'm guessing we'll continue to drag our feet a bit. Regardless of how many biological children we have ever wanted, we've always wanted to offer homes to foster children, and the sluggish fertility seems to point us that direction earlier than we'd expected, and we are really excited. The other night when we were refrigerator shopping, a salesman at SEARS had so much to tell us because he's fostered 29 children in his years as a foster parent. It is such great info to hear from people with experience.
At the same time, I went to an appt. with an GYN last week and she said she's pretty sure I have PCOS. Interesting, huh? Anyway, as to the growth of our family we are currently in the exploration process.
At the same time, I went to an appt. with an GYN last week and she said she's pretty sure I have PCOS. Interesting, huh? Anyway, as to the growth of our family we are currently in the exploration process.
5 comments:
YAY! You guys will be amazing foster-parents! I can't even imagine the love each one of those children will receive when they are in your home. Also, one of my best friends has PCOS and is just starting fertility treatments (if you ever need someone to chat with).
That's exciting! You're a great mom and there are kids out there that deserve a wonderful home with parents like you & Chris. Keep us posted on what's going on... by the way whats PCOS?
There must be something in our water...there are so many of us with PCOS. I'm sure you are already aware of some & even well into your researching, but if you ever want to talk about it, I'd be happy to share my experience.
I had no clue about PCOS.. I had to google it and learn about it. I have never heard of it before. What symptoms are you experiencing.. I hope not many.. it sounds pretty bad.
PCOS is NOt fun! I am excited to see your exploration process started! You and your little family have so much love to go around!
Post a Comment