Wednesday, November 19, 2008

CSI...

This is a picture of what a crime scene. A crime that resulted in a visit to the Emergency Room for one whole stitch to R's profusely bleeding lip. A few things are immediately obvious when examining the evidence (not pictured, a partially cut open pixie stick on the floor covered in blood--I cleaned it up to fast), there were two children wanting to eat candy--not just one piece as their mother suggested--but as many pieces as they wanted. Then there is the presence of the weapon, the "mommy scissors" that can only be found in high places in the kitchen, but somehow they are found in this picture in the little bathroom off the laundry room, on the opposite side of the house from where mommy was at the moment of the crime.

Lesson learned: when mommy says you shouldn't use her scissors, you shouldn't. When mommy says, only one piece of candy, you should only have one piece. Little sisters with other ideas and slick coercion methods should be ignored. What happens if you disobey mommy? Your gingerbread cookie might escape the oven, the big bad wolf might eat you and your Nana, and you might cut your lip and have to get a stitch at the hospital!

Why do these things always happen on weekends after convenience care clinics are closed?

R's lip. Incidentally, she's pretty ashamed of herself for not doing the right thing, so she doesn't like me to talk about what happened...if you see her and the wound is healed, you might not mention it, I think the humor of this is lost on her.
One more thing. So the medical shows seem to be full of hotties, but let me just say that the local hospital ER is no different. Seriously! I really don't tend to notice that kind of thing, but literally every person who talked to us that was a doctor, nurse, resident or whatever was BEAUTIFUL! They were all young and presumably single (no rings) so as far as I'm concerned, Grey's Anatomy is probably all TRUE...oh wait, no, that can't be...IZZY just kissed a man who has been dead as long as I've watched the show. HONESTLY, is GA the next "Days"? I have professed to be done watching the show like ten times, but if there is going to be a dead guy coming back to life, I think I really will have to call it quits. Anyway, if you are young and single, you should really consider medicine as a career. I think all the fire fighters are amping up the education a few notches and going for the white coat.

No comments: