Friday, February 29, 2008

A certain level of comfort...

Not every friend can show up to your house with a surprise for you that is half eaten. That's what is so great about my friendship with Sommer. We were supposed to play today because she was going to be in the area, but of course due to the chickenpox, our plans were foiled. She still stopped by and gave me my favorite candy ever, Cadbury Mini-Eggs. She knows me well, so when she saw this piece of Easter heaven, she thought of me, and bought them. Then, she got a little tempted to try a couple. Then a couple more. Still, she wanted me to have the rest, and the informality of a gift partly eaten wouldn't deter her because that's how comfortable we are with each other. She's my "person" and I am so glad that since we both moved we have managed to keep in really regular touch. I'll even go as far as to say that we verbally keep in touch the same as when we were practically neighbors. I miss all the play dates and I long for the 2 minute drive home at the end of a sewing night, but the most important thing, our friendship is still in tact. Thank goodness for her for always thinking that my quirky opinions are valid...even normal, and for never pigeonholing me as a weak person even though she's well informed of all my weaknesses. Thanks Sommer!

4 comments:

just jen said...

those are the best easter treats ever made, i am always so happy when the stores start carrying them, i just bought my own bag at target(not for the kids).

Lyndsey said...

I consumed a whole bag myself...I think Brian may have had one or two...

mom with a camera said...

rebecca-
i think i remember you liking those....and cheese-nips!!
hey, how far are you from Gig Harbor? My older sis, Camille, just moved there and believe it or not my younger sister will be moving there by summer. Totall coincidence.
I will definitely be coming out for a visit!

England Family said...

The benefit of living in England is lots of Cadburys mini eggs and they taste even better here! I should sent you some!