Thursday, February 14, 2008

Know-it-all

I love how my kids think I know everything. Here are some examples:

Today, we had to pull to the side of the road while a fire truck flew by, lights and sirens on. Ruby said, "That was a firetruck!"

I replied, "It was in a hurry, huh?"

She then asked in a worried voice, "Mom, what happened? Where is it going?"

Another example is when she asks me, "Mom, are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?"

Usually I just say "Yes" and that satisfies her, but today I said, "I don't know what your're thinking."

"You don't?!"

Then there's always the assumption that I know everything about other people, even strangers.

"Mom, why isn't that lady smiling?" or "How long until the snow melts?", "Mom, how long do you think that lady has been standing there?", "Does my swimming teacher have a sister?"...

I love being the resident expert on everything! Definitely a mom perk.

3 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

I love that your kids do this, too! Lexi is always asking me where poeple are going or what they're doing etc etc. Many times I actually say, "I don't know everything about everybody. Why don't you ask him/her?"

Sage Pierce said...

This is the one thing I have always been afraid of about motherhood. I love that I can "pretend" to know things right now, and that I have a while before Porter will actually know that his Mama is a far cry from a know-it-all! :)

just jen said...

they trust us so much...i love it.