2. Your kids think they don't need to wear a coat because it isn't raining.
3. Your kids ask you to make the sun go away because it is bothering their eyes (Ruby).
4. It hasn't rained all week, but you sit down on the grass and you are instantly wet to the skin.
5. Your kids say things like, "I love it every year when we come to the park!" as if it is an annual event (Ruby).
6. Your children who went down the slides with reckless abandon six months ago, don't remember what a slide is and they are afraid to go down on their own.
7. The sky is clear blue, but every couple of minutes, you look up and expect to see gray clouds closing in around the sun.
8. When there are blue skies, you carry an umbrella around just in case.
9. You realize you don't have any sunglasses, and you try to go buy a pair at the store, and you find out they only stock them in July and August.
10. When the sun comes out after several months, you realize that your car is really dirty and you go to a carwash and find that there is an hour wait for a wash.
6 comments:
maybe all that rain isn't as romantic as i think it is...
I hate the sun!! Why?? can't it leave us alone? It is rather annoying when it is just bright and doesn't warm you up.
I love Ruby's comment about the sun hurting her eyes, it made me smile. My daughter is the opposite (California girl) who used to yell at me to make the sun come out when we woke up to a cloudy day. I guess whatever you grow up with is your "normal"
This post made me laugh so hard! I identified with each one! I have always loved the northwest but this year it is getting a little old... what do you think?
Alright Rebecca, that post just scared me...I remember the sun coming out enough to go to the park pretty often in the summertime...right? We are starting to look at jobs, and I am going to choose to remember the beautiful green, ocean, mountains, and the sun (in the summer :)) when thinking about options. :) Ha ha!
Love this post...so true! Cute pictures too.
Post a Comment