Sunday, February 17, 2008

"I like Alice"



I had to share these pictures because today is the first time (of course when we were already like 10 minutes late for church) that Alice actually sat still for pictures!

I got her dressed in one of Ruby’s hand-me-downs, and I thought she looked super cute. I’ve been wanting some Texas sized bows for her hair, but hadn’t gotten around to making any and the ones I’ve seen in the stores aren’t my style…so when I was doing her hair, I saw this bow that my friend Jessy made for Ruby, and realized that it matched her dress. I put it on her and she was THRILLED! She pointed at her chest and said, “I like Alice. I like Alice.” I do too!

So then I saw that we were already late for church (Chris was already there and Ruby is at my parents’ house), so I had to snap a couple of pictures. She cooperated! It still wasn’t easy to get a good one because she always says, “Cheese” with her lips all flared out, but I tried to show her how to smile and it worked a little bit.

She's such a big girl all of the sudden. On Saturday, my mom helped me take down Alice's crib and set up her "big girl bed". Ruby helped too and was so excited. When we had it all ready, we called her upstairs for a surprise and she was beyond thrilled. She and Ruby played so sweetly up there for over an hour. They put this play castle on top of the bed and were having so much fun. I haven't taken many pictures because the room itself is not decorated. Anyway, here's one from the fun...
Chris and I went to the temple that night, so we didn't get to be the ones to put her to bed her first night. The babysitters reported that she was thrilled for bedtime and ran upstairs and just nestled in for her first night in her big girl bed. She just loves the idea of it and has transitioned so well.

5 comments:

Sage Pierce said...

CONGRATULATIONS ALICE!!! Rebecca, it is crazy how big she looks right now! I absolutely am in LOVE with that last black and white picture of her.
She is absolutely beautiful.

just jen said...

what a big girl!

i am so jealous that your girls get to spend so much time at their grandparents...living by family is priceless!

Mimi said...

Hey we need to get together and make a bunch of those bows... I can't find that site I wanted you to see! That can be our next craft! Maybe I should finnish the hat before starting something new. Naaaa! She is darling in the pics!

Rachel said...

She is getting so big! It happens over night. Very cute! I want in on the bow craft with you and Mimi. I will do anything to get my Lauren to want girly things. I am determined.

Kerry and Dave said...

Rebecca - I've never met your kids but from your posts they sound like they have such great personalities - just like their mama!!