Sunday, February 3, 2008

Porter and Ruby

I thought I posted these already, but I just noticed that I DIDN'T! These are from Ruby's trip to Colorado, again...taken by Sage (THANKS!).

Ruby was excited to show off her piano playing skills, and Porter was happy to play along. I love this picture because it caught Ruby's face that she makes when she is saying something to the effect of "oh, Porter is so cute." I know it, because that is the face she used to make before she started wishing Alice wasn't around. I love that face.
Speaking of sibling rivlary, Chris and I went out on a date last night with a mission to arm ourselves with what we need to start our anti-sibling rivalry campaign. We went to the dollar store and got the girls little diaries and some stickers. They will earn a sticker for doing something patient and loving for one another. Then we bought 20 or so items that they will earn when they accumulate 20 or so stickers. I have a feeling Ruby will be very motivated by this, and she might just earn all the prizes. I'm also worried that Alice is too young to understand, so she might just go bezerk everytime Ruby gets a sticker and she doesn't. I have to try something though! I think this was an idea someone posted on my blog...was it Amanda S.? I'll have to look. Anyway, even if Alice doesn't get it, it really does take two to tango, and if Ruby is above it, I might just get some peace around here.

We've been talking to Ruby about being pretty on the inside (and she is), as a motivator for enjoying Alice more (it's hard), and it works, but she sort of twists it so that whenever she slips, she goes into drama queen, "I'm not pretty on the inside" business. That kind of drama makes me crazy. GIRLS!

I had a couple more pictures to post, but they aren't working. Neither is my spell checker...Sage and Season.

3 comments:

Jeff Hamm said...

Cute pic of Ruby! I'm excited to find out abuot how this works!

The Tanuvasa Family said...

Good luck with that! You will have to let meknow how it goes. I've got to start something like that around here, my older kids have done a great job at teaching my younger kids to call each other names! Agghh! Ruby looks so cute in those pictures with Porter and Nana!

Lyndsey said...

This is my favorite picture that I have seen of her!!