Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Calling...

For the past year, I have volunteered as a reporter of sorts for my ward. I did little newsletters, maintained aspects of the website and took care of general communications including the weekly program outlining the congregational meeting. It was a lot of fun, and right up my alley. Well...NO MORE! I was released on Sunday and asked to do something new!

WEBELOS (Cub Scouts)!!! I know nothing about this, but I am excited to learn something new and relieved that my calling doesn't involve working with young children (I have my fill of that with my own) and that it allows me to be in all the adult meetings on Sundays.

Any old timer scout leaders out there? I'm going to my first "den meeting" tonight! Wish me luck!

9 comments:

The Merwin Family said...

Have fun with that! Sounds a little intimidating to me!

Kendra Leigh said...

Ha! That was my first calling after I was married... kind of a challenge for me, but I really loved those boys. Good luck! You'll be great for them!

Jeff Hamm said...

I did Webelos while we lived in Lake Stevens for a bit, but I really just tied knots with the kids and took them on an outing or two. Don't remember much. Sorry, but I hope you have lot's of fun!

Amanda said...

I've never done the cub scout thing but our friend Rachel was called to be a Den Mother right after she was baptized, talk about a little overwhelming! Good luck, you'll do great!

Rachel said...

I am happy you are happy with this. Good luck. I know nothing about scouting. I've got to learn someday though. Ethan will be there before I know it. Have fun!!

jayne said...

Shawn is den leader in our ward. Easy peasy. If you choose to make it that way. Men have a way of simplifying things and making them seem so simple. Keep it simple. Scouts are just little men.

Sage Pierce said...

Wow- good luck Rebecca!!!

Pb said...

A reporter of sorts? No, you were far more than that. A chronicler of history. A narrarator of life with a knack of capturing the essence of what needed to be said about any particular event. No small task. Cubs will be a snap for you because you will make it so. The rewards will be much greater.

Carrie said...

I was the Webelos leader in GH ward for a few years. I remember when I was first called, I thought. Piece of cake! It's actually alot of work- but well worth it. I loved it! And the best part of it is that the Webelos book tells you step by step what you need to do... plus if you ever have a boy, you'll so be prepared for scouting.... that is unless, they change the program by the time they are 10. :) Let me know if you ever need help!

Carrie