Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Idol Analysis

So after Idol aired tonight, the local news teased a story, "Which Idol used to date Britney Spears," and my curiosity got the best of me. I googled the story (couldn't tune into the news because I watched Idol on DVR, after it aired) and found out that dread lock boy, Robbie Carrico (or something like that) once dated her. It did shed useful light on the competition though! So, the professed rocker with the dreds-- the Simon is questioning for authenticity--he used to be in a band called "Boys-n-Girls United" and they opened for Britney's first world tour, Baby One More Time. Obviously, Simon and Randy are aware of this and likely question his rocker sincerity due to the fact that he has musically existed most of his life as a bleach tipped, fake tan boy band kid. A very different persona than the one he brings to Idol. Anyway, I thought it was interesting.
Regardless, the precious kid from Murray, UT is hands down the most talented person on the show so far. I'll even go as far as to say that none of the men will ever rival him, though I think there might be some good female competition.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

I read about this in CO... so random! I don't even remember this guy- probably because I only watch my DAVID!

The Tanuvasa Family said...

I just want to cry when I hear David sing! So dang cute, and humble! I've never voted before, maybe I will start now. He is so cute!

kaitlin said...

oh my gosh ya the utah kid wins the prize for me.

i haven't been up to date on american idol these days...and it hurts my heart a little. BUT yesterday i got home just in time to watch his last song imagine...gosh it was so good. i am definitely a fan.

Amy and Troy said...

Hey Rebecca! This is Amy (Cluff) van Belle. I hope you don't think it's weird, but I saw your link on Brady and Amanda's site and I think your blog is adorable. You are so creative and it's fun to hear about what are you up to with your cute family. I just barely started a blog. It's troyandamy.blogspot.com. It's not super interesting since we don't have kids, but it's a good way to keep in touch with people. Anyway, take care!

The Hamm Bunch said...

Love american idol. Oh and thanks for the you know what!!! I love it!