This fall was my intro as a parent into the world of scheduling. Before this fall, Ruby's preschool was a co-op that my friends and I organized and we all lived really close to each other. Other than that, Ruby was in ballet, and if we were really on top of it, we had her in swimming lessons.
Anyway, I feel like I am frantic all the time and that I never get calm time with my kids! We have so much going on for Ruby and none of it can go because she loves it all. She's in ballet, swim, gymnastics, piano and preschool. (Okay, I'm eliminating gymnastics. Done. I teach her class, and it is too much. She enjoys it, but the only reason she really goes is because I teach it.)
This week, I crammed in two things with the kids at the end of the day on Weds and Thurs. The funny thing is that at 4:00 PM, stuff just isn't as fun! We did Karaoke one day, and Valentines the other. Karaoke wasn't a hit with Alice, and therefore wasn't that fun for me, but I loved Ruby's rocking out to the one High School Musical song she knows.
1 comment:
my friend amy gave me some great advice once. she said, "the less you are in your house, the less dirty it gets."
amen.
that is why i try to leave as much as possible. except when we are sick. i hate when we are sick!
Post a Comment