Ruby has been complaining of tooth pain lately, and after a couple of weeks and many instances of finding her brushing away at her teeth to get them all clean, and convincing claims of pain, I decided it was time to take her to the dentist and get to the bottom of it. Turns out, she's perfectly fine. Maybe something is lodged in her gums somewhere, but other than that the dentist (our bishop) says all is well.
The good thing is, she loved her visit. They made her a mix of salt and water and had her swish it around in her mouth to "fix" the problem and then gave her a sticker and let her put on some lip gloss before she left. Bishop told her he would let me know the formula for the salt water, and as soon as we got in the car she said, "Mom, do we have salt water at home?"
I hope these little experiences will make for happy dentist feelings, because I dread going to the dentist. I am so tense the whole time! Anyone else feel my pain? I had one cavity in high school and after it was all filled, I had the worst pain imaginable and literally had to take Vicadin for days before the pain went away. Thank goodness for generally good dental health because news of any more cavities might send me over. I think I'll have to be put completely under if I have to have another filling. The cleanings are bad enough.
3 comments:
I definetely second the dreading going to the dentist feeling. I would never go if I didnt feel it was necessary!
i am currently experiencing some dental pain, but i am afraid to make an appointment. two reasons: we don't have a dentist here and i am scared of what they might find. i am scared of the dentist too!
I don't just dread the dentist, I despise and loathe the thought of it. I have my first appt next week since I can't remember when and I'm already nervous about it. My only good dental experience was when I was totally put under for my wisdom teeth. I HATE that place and I know that I have some major work ahead of me!
Post a Comment