
I went to a baby shower this weekend and my friend Jen made the cutest little favors. There were homemade truffles inside, and they were so yummy! I was super impressed! She told us how to make them and though I haven't done so yet, I have to share. These things would make a great hostess gift, treat for neighbors at Christmas (sprinkle crunched up candy cane on top) and many other things, among a treat to be enjoyed by YOU!So you just take a package of Oreos and churn them up in your food processor. Then you add a block of cream cheese. That's the filling. Make 1" balls out of the mixture and dip them in melted chocolate. Refrigerate one hour.
I would think that most any sandwich cookie would work. You could use grasshopper cookies and get a minty flavor or peanut butter sandwich cookies, you get the picture. Jen fancied hers up with finishing touches sprinkled on top, like in the pictures above.
6 comments:
I make these and they are a favorite around here and by the people I give them to! This year I gave them to the kids church teachers and they were a big hit! Yummy! It is hard to stop eating them though!
This spells disaster for my trip to high rock---must resist--must resist--
Pb
mmmm... tasty!! Let's make some TODAY! While were at it we might as well make some samoas!!
yummy...maybe i could use the low fat cream cheese and it wouldn't be so scandalous??
I am at work right now and want one of those so BAD! :) They look delicious! :)
Those look like a little piece of heaven! Oh, and I love the hat you made for Alice! So cute!
Post a Comment