Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Claim to Fame...

That's her, a long time ago...mom of three in the red coat...it's the only thing I have!

Unless there is a link between the Hamm Olympians or Mia Hamm, I have really only one super famous person in my family. I tell people all the time, and I have to say, most are pretty impressed. Curious?

My aunt Peggy (my mom's brother's wife) won the title of Miss Congeniality when she represented Utah in the 1972 Miss America Pageant. At the time, she was Peggy Moore, and when I googled her, I got quite the results! Here's what wikipedia had to say.
If you knew my aunt now, it wouldn't surprise you for a second that she:
A. was the winner as Miss Utah
B. was the most well liked among all the contestants

She's really funny and beautiful, and because I don't have a good recent picture, you can take my word for it!
Anyone else out there with similar fame in the family?

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

very classic picture!!! So does this mean I can claim my mom as my claim to fame or does MIss Malad not count??? She didn't make the top 10 at state...I don't think I can claim it! :)

megan said...

I was stoked to find out my mom is in wikipedia. But you forget, Becca, that our cousin Ian was in the Sandlot. I used that one all the time in middle school when the movie came out - let's just say it bumped my popularity up a notch.

Photographer: Rebecca Pierce said...

True...a cousin in SANDLOT! How could I forget?! And Molly is making herself a pretty famous little writer!

kaitlin said...

ohmygosh i didn't even know that!
i learned something new today.