
I have to take a second to plug a great movie. It might not be for everyone, but I really liked it. It is quirky and unexpected and poiniant. The main reason why I choose to plug it is for it's pro-adoption viewpoint. I would even go as far as to say that it is on the anti-abortion side without being preachy in any way as to turn off hyper pro-choice advocates.
(I myself am personally appalled by the thought of abortion, but I stand in the pro choice shoes because I don't believe decisions of that kind of personal nature should lie in the hands of the government. I also don't believe that all unwanted pregnancies can be judged by one standard. I am a fan of choice...and accountability. I don't vote to take the right to bear arms away, even though I know that in this world, there is a risk of children being gunned down at school by a crazy person. I believe in the rights and risks involved with freedom, and accept that there are those who will abuse the freedom--and that abuse might even negatively affect me. I also believe that part of living on earth is making choices and that ultimately we all will learn the consequences of our good or bad actions. I don't ever vote to take away personal choice. Even when it means that someone can choose to kill a child on a playground or abort a miracle. I don't know what that means about me, but that's me!)
You can read the Juno movie review and see what you think. I loved that the show illuminated the blessing of adoption while still being fairly true to the pain of it as well. The birth mom is somewhat atypical in a way that does downplay the emotion that would be natural when giving up a baby, but again...it makes adoption look easy...even easier than abortion, and that is a rare stand to find in liberal Hollywood these days. For that reason, for the sweet song at the end and the intriguing dialogue, this movie gets two thumbs up for me.
3 comments:
Good to know that you also loved the movie. I am going there Saturday night with Brian to celebrate my Birthday! ;)
i really need to see this...
That was fun! We need to re watch it just for the lingo! "I think I'll go to woman now, because they help women now."
Post a Comment