We found a place that rents tubes and has groomed, individual sledding runs and a great lift back to the top. We were so excited.
When we got there, it was sold out, with a two hour line of people willing to stand in cold with their children to have a chance at the fun.
There was an area to the side where there were lots of people sledding, but obviously, there were more people like us just standing around with no sleds and no sledding passes. We tried accosting people who were heading home with their sleds, but they weren't willing to sell!
I don't know how we all got back to the top of the hill, but we did. That is when I saw two sleds resting against a tree. I thought that since no one was buying the sleds, I might have luck borrowing the sleds so that the kids could each take one run. The sled owner was hesitant, but alas, I convinced him to loan me one sled for one run for each of the kids. Chris took them each down one time, and though they each took a snow dusting in the face the whole way down, I was at least satisfied that they officially went sledding.
Ruby and Wyatt enjoyed eating the snow like dogs, with their face to the ground. It was a fun day to see the kids in the snow and let them experience something new.
5 comments:
So fun! I'm am glad that guy was friendly. We totally have sleds you can borrow next time. I did try and buy one for Ruby for her birthday but they weren't in stock yet. I am glad they had fun anyway!
What we need is lift tickets, not sleds! :)
you are a gutsy and determined lady...i would have just left and promised the kids ice cream for a "icy" treat instead.
What a cute story! I can sooo picture you out there... :)
So how many hours for one sled-ride? The memories and the pics are always worth it. Plus the imagery of you trying to get out of snow hip-deep!
Post a Comment