I have/get to talk in church today. I am speaking on Matthew 6:33 (to paraphrase, or maybe I do know it by heart), "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you."
It has been an interesting two months around here for various reasons that I can't casually blog about (yet), and as a family, we have been faced with a degree of uncertainty. It is a blessing when these things come up and as big and important as they are, you realize, THANK GOODNESS we kept a true focus on what is important, because literally everything can and will fail but what cannot: our relationship with our Savior and the treasures we "lay up" in heaven. It is also such a help when you evaluate how you should behave toward people who wrong you and use you...the most important thing is still seeking to be righteous and following the example of Christ so that when that person is no longer a part of your life, your integrity has not been compromised. I love the Gospel.
Wish me luck! AMEN!
3 comments:
AMEN!
You gave a great talk! I hope everything works out in your favor regarding your "interesting two months". You have the right attitude for sure. The unknown can always be a little scary, but what IS KNOWN is our Saviors love for each one of us. The Gospel rocks!! :)
I am sure it was a great talk...now you have me in suspense...
Post a Comment