Ruby and Chris got back last night from a long anticipated trip to Colorado to see Ruby's special great-grandma, "Nana". It is undeniable that they have a special bond, as Ruby talks about her almost daily and cries because she wants to see her, "I want my Nana!". When we decided against going to Colorado for Christmas, Ruby was crushed, and we planned a mini trip for she and Chris to go in January. Over a year had passed since they'd seen each other, and I know Nana was worried that she wouldn't live up to Ruby's expectations, but that was definitely not the case. When I asked Ruby last night what was her favorite part of going to Colorado, I expected to hear mention of jumping off the diving board at the swimming pool, playing with Porter, seeing aunts, uncles and grandma and grandpa. Sorry, no. The answer, with no hesitation was, "Seeing Nana."
The day before they left, we were shopping at Michaels, and Ruby saw a display of knock-off Crocs. I'd been meaning to get her some, and so she picked out some navy blue ones, and then she noticed that there were bigger sizes, and she said, "I want Nana and I to have matching shoes!" So we got her a pair too.

Ruby is overwhelmingly gentle and sensitive. It is so noticeable to me as her parent, that I feel like the parent who has the psycho kid running around the store spitting on strangers and ripping open bags of chips. I don't take credit for Ruby's amazing-ness any more than that crazy kid's parent takes credit for their child. If anything, her sweet nature mis-represents my parenting, because I don't think I could ever make a kid like her on purpose.THANKS Sage for taking the pictures!
4 comments:
she looks so much like you these days!!
Rubix cube is looking so big in these pictures!! She must have grown in Colorado!
i love crocs...if i had a girl, we would totally have matching pairs!
Awesome that they made the trip and it sounds like it was special for all involved. I'm sure it means a lot to a great-grandmother to have a little one so interested and enraptured by her!
Post a Comment