Monday, January 14, 2008

Don't hate her

Because she is BEAUTIFUL!
This is one of my "sister-friends", Kelly. I love her because she is so sincere and thoughtful. She knitted me the most beautiful scarf for Christmas, and is always making me gifts. She's made me an apron, and a bag I use for church all the time. She is a talented dancer and needed a head shot for the studio where she works. It was a good excuse to get together and catch up. Kelly is not overly outgoing, and I had to work really hard for a year to be her friend. It wasn't because she didn't want to be my friend, she was just content with her little family and didn't realize that I was trying so hard. We became closer while sharing the piano bench in the primary in my last ward as she was the chorister and I, the pianist (a joke in itself). We both wound up pregnant at the same time, and since the side of the piano where we sat was entirely hidden from the primary children and other leaders, we would set up quite the buffet back there and we'd much and whisper about ourselves. Kelly is one person who never initiates gossip and never shares information she's been trusted with with others. I really admire that about her.

1 comment:

just jen said...

she is beautiful...
i am the primary chorister and have become good friends with the pianist too...i guess Heavenly Father puts us in these positions for a reason.