I came across a free online photography class and decided to do a few of the assignments. I am learning new stuff! First of all, I've learned a lot of things through trial and error with my camera, but I didn't really know what they were called. The class is showing me why what I do works and how to use it more effectively. I've also used a course that my sister-in-law Pam loaned me, and that has helped a bunch too, though I haven't fully applied myself to it because I do like due dates and assignments.
Week three still needs some help. It is on white balance, something that I really rely on for getting the right color in different lights. I already know how to work with the various settings, but I haven't used the custom white balance setting before. I still haven't gotten it to work for me...though I follow the directions and get all the right menus and steps on my camera. This is a mystery to me. I'd really love to use a custom white balance setting if I can figure it out because then I can avoid some of the post picture-taking editing that eats up so much of my time. Here's a picture of a little wreath I have on top of a lamp shade in different settings. Setting the white balance properly really makes a big difference! The first picture is the most true to color, but I like the warmth in the second picture. The last one is just way off!
Anyway, here's the assignment for week one, focusing on aperture. The first picture was taken at 22, the second at about 8 and the last one was at 5. I wish I had something blooming to photograph, but no such luck at this time of year, so I used the weathered light in front of our house.
The second week was a lesson on shutter speed and ISO. Here is a picture of water. The first picture of course was at a slower shutter speed than the second.
Week three still needs some help. It is on white balance, something that I really rely on for getting the right color in different lights. I already know how to work with the various settings, but I haven't used the custom white balance setting before. I still haven't gotten it to work for me...though I follow the directions and get all the right menus and steps on my camera. This is a mystery to me. I'd really love to use a custom white balance setting if I can figure it out because then I can avoid some of the post picture-taking editing that eats up so much of my time. Here's a picture of a little wreath I have on top of a lamp shade in different settings. Setting the white balance properly really makes a big difference! The first picture is the most true to color, but I like the warmth in the second picture. The last one is just way off!
3 comments:
Hi RP! Thought I'd come back and check out your bloggy blog! Cool pics, what's the name of the online photo class? Looks fun. xox~ally
good job, i think i will do the assignments in this class after i get done with my other one.
Remarkable what the aperture can do for your depth of field. The lamp photo was very illustrative. Pb
Post a Comment