Thursday, January 3, 2008

Old news, but newsworthy...

Chris and I are DIYs at heart. Really. We just don't have the time to get things done on our own. I think we both suffer from wanting to get a project from A-Z with no interruptions, and so we suffer project paralisys because children are obviously not going to sit around and patiently mind their own business while we get stuff done...at least not mine (and thank goodness). Anyway, here is something we tried when we had a weekend to ourselves for our anniversary...


Before

After

Our house has a lot of recessed lighting, and I loathe it because the "cans" are black! When the lights are on, it isn't very noticeable, but during the day (well, really we need light all day most of the time in the NW) when the lights are off, we have black spots all over the ceiling. Anyway, we discovered maybe six months ago that the cans are easily removed and can be sprayed to match the celing, and we did one downstairs and left it at that. We will get around to doing the rest, but so far only one downstairs and one in Alice's room have gotten the updated treatment. I wish I had a picture with out the light on for the after, but it really makes a big difference.

No comments: