Thursday, January 10, 2008

Uh ohhhhh...

Alice is opting to potty train, and I am not up to it! She's only 2 and 3 months, and I prefer to wait until they are closer to three years. I don't know if this will be an option for me because she won't keep a diaper on! I even dressed her in overalls and she managed to take them off all by herself.

All day, she just appears with nothing on but rain boots, demanding to sit in the "potty chair." I abuse the television when I train because it is the only way to fool the kids into sitting on the chair long enough to have success, so Mickey Mouse Clubhouse did the trick...for a little while. It wasn't very long after this that I stepped in something fishy and really wet on the kitchen floor.
Sommer suggested that I duck tape the diaper on so she can't take it off. I'm definitely not opposed to this, but Chris suggested trying a Pull-up and telling her that they were big girl pants. I tried this, and it worked! She doesn't think that she's wearing a diaper, and I even put a pair of panties on top of the pull-up (because she insisted). So far, we've managed to do our usual running around with this arrangement.

6 comments:

The Merwin Family said...

I did this same thing with Devon-he spent hours naked in front of the tv! You do what you have to do! Best wishes with all of it. Hopefully you won't step in any more surprises!

Lyndsey said...

that is so funny!

Jeff Hamm said...

The effort just wouldn't be complete without the rubber golashes. At least she knows how to keep her feet dry. Or maybe those golashes are back up, mobile pee-catchers. You got a smart one!

Sage Pierce said...

Absolutely hilarious. I love the get-up. That is such a great picture of her from behind in front of the t.v. Anyway, good luck!!!

jayne said...

I hate potty training just as much as you! Jack was my easiest because he'd been begging for months before I relented. Good luck. I had a friend who used to put her kids diaper on backwards and then duct tape it. Thank goodness for pull-ups!

Bob and Jane Hamm said...

I love the picture of Alice watching TV... that should be in a magazine.