Wednesday, January 23, 2008

27 Dresses



I just got home from a girls night out to see this movie! It was really cute, and worth seeing for sure.

Don't go expecting some really unique storyline, because the story has definitely been done before. Think, "Runaway Bride". The girl who doesn't have a mind of her own gets called out by a cynical reporter who gets her from the first moment he sees her...they fall in love...you get the picture. Still, I could get a kick out of "Runaway Bride" right now, so seeing a fresh rendition with various twists and obvious differences was welcome.

There is good chemistry between the actors, though I still don't think of Katherine Heigl as the graceful beauty I recently read she was in Vanity Fair (I was captive at a blow dryer at the salon with nothing else to read). She is sort of gawky and awkward to me somehow. I like her, but I'm not buying into her being some kind of Gwenyth Paltrow or Nicole Kidman--more like Maggie Gyllenhal or Cameron Diaz.

Anyway, if you like a good, predictable chick flick that ends nicely and makes you want to make out with your husband when you get home, this is the one. Don't take him with you though.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

It was a cute show! I am excited for the the made of honor! Too bad we have to wait so long.

Lyndsey said...

very well said. I also loved it but that isn't shocking because that is my type of movie. But be sure to leave the men home!!

just jen said...

i will have to make sure i see this. i still want to see juno.

Tracy Family said...

It was a very cute movie, I liked it a lot! It was fun and very surprising hearing your love story with Chris! I love and feel for your blog about the terrible two's. I don't have any more advice than what you already know i'm sure, but... this too shall pass!?